Friday, September 14, 2012

Something Different

Bueno~ So, today I'm going to post something a little different than my usual shstuff. Ever since my senior year of high school started earlier in August, I'm taking AP 2-D Studio Art class as my elective. I was so excited to find out that for this course, you can most definitely incorporate or revolve your art work around photography. There are two types of assignments that I'm supposed to have completed by the end of the school year; Breadth and Concentration. Breadth is just a general assignment category where my pieces can vary from different styles of photography, or whatever I'm going to use to make art. Concentration is the assignment category where I had to chose a specific theme for my photos/art pieces, and for my theme I chose Terrestrial Elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water). Also, by the end of the year I have to have 12 art pieces from each category completed and from then on, I'm going to have to select 5 of my best pieces for the AP 2-D test/project for the AP board.
At first I thought my theme would be a really boring and un-creatively fun one, but turns out that it isn't as easy as I thought it would be! And it is quite fun! I get a lot of support from friends and family and it's great~ So, I just wanted to share some of the works that I have submitted to my teacher so far! Hope you enjoy.


Breadth piece #1

Concentration piece #1 (Earth category)

Breadth piece #2

Concentration piece #2 (Air category from my theme)


No comments:

Post a Comment